[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#6202) adding command line option to disable line breaking in ldif output
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#6202) adding command line option to disable line breaking in ldif output
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 14:34:42 GMT
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
> Full_Name: Dieter Bloms
> Version: all
> OS: linux
> URL: ftp://ftp.openldap.org/incoming/
> Submission from: (NULL) (18.104.22.168)
> I want to do an enhancement request for ldapsearch, because it insert a line
> break after 78 characters.
> Many people like me use the ldapsearch command in shell script and have to
> workaround this issue.
> Maybe it make sense to add a command line option to deactivate this line breaks.
I'd rather recommend to use a decent scripting language with LDAP and/or
LDIF modules than using ldapsearch in shell scripts. This gives better
control over data and error handling.