[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#6090) slapd locks up; all slapd worker threads blocking on mutex acquisition in bdb_cache_lru_link()
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#6090) slapd locks up; all slapd worker threads blocking on mutex acquisition in bdb_cache_lru_link()
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 22:00:59 GMT
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
> Full_Name: John Morrissey
> Version: 2.4.16
> OS: Linux
> URL: ftp://ftp.openldap.org/incoming/
> Submission from: (NULL) (2001:4978:194:0:21f:5bff:fee9:da92)
> After a couple days of uptime, slapd no longer responds to incoming connections
> (the connection would be accepted, but all LDAP operations would block). All
> worker threads seem to be blocking on mutex acquisition in bdb_cache_lru_link().
> One thread was chewing lots of CPU.
> Backtrace is below. I also have a ~1.7GB core if it's deemed useful; I'll keep
> it around for a week or two. This is with BDB 4.7.25+all three patches.
Interesting trace, it looks like all the active threads are waiting for the
mutex but apparently none of them owns it. Can you please provide the contents
of the mutex? e.g.
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/