[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#5980) libldap referral chasing now returns referral (10) and matchedDN
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#5980) libldap referral chasing now returns referral (10) and matchedDN
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 23:21:49 GMT
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
> email@example.com wrote:
>> Probably a side-effect of fixing ITS#5853:
> This seems to be unrelated from ITS#5853, actually.
Have you found the same behavior in earlier releases?
> Another note: if a search reference is received, it is returned by
> libldap and additionally it is chased, so one gets both the search
> reference and the chased search reference results.
That certainly wouldn't have changed due to any of the recent patches.
Probably the response gets added to the message chain unconditionally, but
obviously doesn't belong there if chasing occurred.
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/