[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Sync replication failure during startup.
- To: "William R. Somsky" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Sync replication failure during startup.
- From: Stelios Grigoriadis <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 13:43:31 +0200
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: <20070928204415.GA7651@annwn.phys.washington.edu>
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20070928204415.GA7651@annwn.phys.washington.edu>
On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 13:44 -0700, William R. Somsky wrote:
> I've had a similar problem here. I don't really have much to
> add in the way of info for tracking it down, but here is an
> additional question:
> Once a replica server gets out of sync w/ the master in this way,
> how does one get the replica back in sync? I've not been able
> to figure that out, short of deleting the entire database on
> the replica and rebuilding it from scratch, which can take a
> very long time.
To my knowledge, you can't. Since the replica contextCSN is
timestamped at a later time than the out-of-sync entries,
they can't be synced.