[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

(ITS#4903) dynlist issues with memory allocation

Full_Name: Quanah Gibson-Mount
Version: RE_23
OS: Linux 2.6 (64-bit)
URL: ftp://ftp.openldap.org/incoming/
Submission from: (NULL) (

In testing the RE_23 tree, I put it under hoard after everything passed using
glibc as the memory allocator.  I found that if I enable dynlist:

moduleload              dynlist.la

then in my database section add:

# Dynlist Overlay
overlay dynlist
dynlist-attrset groupOfURLS memberURL member

slapd will core dump on startup with:

Loaded symbols for /usr/local/lib/openldap/dynlist-2.3-releng.so.0
#0  0x00002ab7651490c9 in malloc () from /usr/local/lib/libhoard.so
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00002ab7651490c9 in malloc () from /usr/local/lib/libhoard.so
#1  0x00002ab765149e38 in realloc () from /usr/local/lib/libhoard.so
#2  0x00002ab76554f890 in ber_memrealloc_x (p=Variable "p" is not available.
) at memory.c:354
#3  0x00002ab76542bf88 in ldap_charray_add (a=0x7fff45a7eec0, s=0x2ab7667c2518
"olcConnMaxPending") at charray.c:49
#4  0x000000000045e9f9 in matching_rule_use_init () at mr.c:364
#5  0x0000000000459f62 in slap_schema_check () at schema_prep.c:1368
#6  0x0000000000415f1b in main (argc=3, argv=0x7fff45a7f0b8) at main.c:711

It looks like there's soemthing incorrect in the way it is allocating memory on