[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

Re: slapd-ldap killed by a broken client (ITS#4117)

After some work on this problem, I've found that this bug is not due to
the broken client but because of a broken server.
I tried to do some libldap back-port but none worked.  Finally I
back-ported fix for ITS#3808 and it works about fine: the server does not
core any more; but when I do an ldapsearch, I get always "52 Server is
unavailable", although the directory came back.  I can send you my fix if
you want (in fact I would be happy you review it :), but I can't upload on
the ftp server for the moment.

Note that I have also tested with openldap-2.3.12.  I have no more the
problem with ldaps.  Furthermore all works well, so I think you can close
this ITS.  The only problem is that slapd grows up in memory, so I think
there is a leak somewhere.  I'll post an other ITS about that if I can get
a trace with valgrind.

Raphael Ouazana.