[Date Prev][Date Next]
(ITS#3859) Strange replication and search problems
- To: openldap-bugs@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: (ITS#3859) Strange replication and search problems
- From: Ludovic Drolez <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 10:04:23 +0200
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.2) Gecko/20040803
OS: Debian 3.1 sarge
We are currently replicating an openldap 2.0.23 directory to a 2.2.23 one, and
modified entries have a corrupt index on 'objectClass' (we are using the ldbm
Steps to reproduce:
1- make an initial slapcat;slapadd to synchronize the two servers.
2- 'ldapsearch -x -h slave objectClass=posixAccount|grep toto' returns the entry
(there are less than 500 entries)
3- modify something on the master
4- the same ldapsearch now returns nothing (but a 'ldapsearch -x' without a
filter on the objectClass is ok).
5- if I remove 'index objectClass eq' from the slave server, then the
'ldapsearch' is ok.
So it seems that the replication corrupts the index. I can also reproduce the
bug with slapd 2.2.26.
Is this bug related to 'Software Bugs/3406' ? Or is it only a replication