[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

(ITS#3421) Replication problem with slurpd

Full_Name: Raphael Ouazana
Version: 2.2.11
OS: Linux
URL: ftp://ftp.openldap.org/incoming/
Submission from: (NULL) (

I have a problem with slurpd. I have one master which replicates on 2 slaves
which one replicates on one other slave.
M -> S1
  -> S/M -> S2

Each night I delete all the entries of the 4 directories and re-populate the
master (M) with ldapadd. So slurpd of the Master populates S1 and the
Slave/Master (S/M) ; and slurpd of S/M populates S2.
The problem is that when I check if all entries are really in the 4 directories,
I can see that some are missing (about 0 to 4, rarely more) ! For example I can
have :
M : 118821 entries
S1 : 118819
M/S : 118819
S2 : 118818
Of course I have nothing in .rej files, and see nothing in slurpd logs when I
activate them.

Moreother the problem seems to be pretty hard to reproduce. I tried to reproduce
it with test data but don't success. So I'm looking for methods to analyse the

I tested once with OpenLDAP 2.2.16 and had the same bug.