[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

OpenLDAP 2.2.13, 2.2.15 communication failure (ITS#3279)

Full_Name: Mark Hall
Version: 2.2.13, 2.2.15
URL: ftp://ftp.openldap.org/incoming/
Submission from: (NULL) (

I have issued a number of compiles and makes. With and without openSSL (0.9.7d).
 I'm running the IBM C compiler (xlC)  It doesn't seem to matter, I
can't seem to get ldapsearch to connect to my corporate LDAP directory.  I have
confirmed it's up and running.  I have a binary compiled by IBM (2.0.21) which
appears to be working, as in I can perform LDAP queries from the same directory.
 I have read all of the bug reports and FAQs which seem to apply.  When I issue
the following command, it fails like this:
$ cd openldap-2.2.13/clients/tools/
$ dump -H ldapsearch

                        ***Loader Section***
                      Loader Header Information
VERSION#         #SYMtableENT     #RELOCent        LENidSTR
0x00000001       0x00000060       0x000001c4       0x00000063       

#IMPfilID        OFFidSTR         LENstrTBL        OFFstrTBL
0x00000004       0x00001e50       0x00000152       0x00001eb3       

                        ***Import File Strings***
INDEX  PATH                          BASE                MEMBER              
0      /usr/lib/threads:/usr/lib:/lib                                         
1                                    libs.a              shr.o               
2                                    libpthreads.a       shr_comm.o          
3                                    libpthreads.a       shr_xpg5.o     
$ ./ldapsearch -v -h bluepages.ibm.com -b "ou=bluepages,o=ibm.com" -s sub
ldap_initialize( ldap://bluepages.ibm.com )
ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP server (-1)
$ telnet bluepages.ibm.com 389                                                  
Connected to bluepages.ibm.com.
Escape character is '^]'.

telnet> quit
Connection closed.

I built it with this configure command: 
$cd /web/src/openldap-2.2.13
$/web/src/openldap-2.2.13/configure --disable-slapd --disable-slurpd
--enable-static --disable-shared
$make depend MKDEP=/web/src/openldap-2.2.13/build/mkdep.aix
$make test
$make install

[I've tried it with and without. without the --enable-static/--disable-shared
combination, and here's what fails]
$ ./ldapsearch -h bluepages.ibm.com
exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ./ldapsearch because of the following
        0509-022 Cannot load module
        0509-150   Dependent module /usr/lib/liblber.a(liblber-2.2.so.7) could
not be loaded.
        0509-152   Member liblber-2.2.so.7 is not found in archive 

This is of course a known problem, hence while I'm compiling it statically. 
Every recompile I do, I delete the source tree, and re-extract it to ensure I'm
using a clean make.

I have to have this functioning in order to make my Apache server authenticate
to the LDAP directory.  I've tried 2.2.13, 2.2.15, 2.0.21, and I can't seem to
get any of these to work properly.

I have been able to get 2.1.30 to compile and install correctly with the same
configure options, and no other changes to the box.