[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

syncRepl blocks updates (ITS#3114)

Full_Name: Quanah Gibson-Mount
Version: 2.2.11
OS: Solaris 8
URL: ftp://ftp.openldap.org/incoming/
Submission from: (NULL) (

On my development systems, I went to add a single entry via ldapadd.  The
development master has two syncRepl slaves "listening" to changes on the

The add operation never fully completed.  On my production and test systems, the
add went through nearly instantly.  On the dev system, it said it was adding the
entry, and then hung for over 10 minutes. 

I searched the dev master, and it didn't find the entry.  I then went and
stopped the two replica's slapd, and killed the ldapadd.  Doing another ldapadd
then reported the entry already existed in the master.

Doing a search for the entry on the master simply hangs, even though the naming
attribute (cn) is indexed.  Searching for the entry on the test/production
systems results in an immediate return.