[Date Prev][Date Next]
RE: backglue.c sometimes falsely returns LDAP_SIZELIMIT_EXCEEDED (ITS#2888)
I'm pretty sure this is working now in HEAD and 2.2.5. Please try again. If
it checks out OK I will backport this fix to 2.1.
-- Howard Chu
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. Director, Highland Sun
Symas: Premier OpenSource Development and Support
> -----Original Message-----
> From: owner-openldap-bugs@OpenLDAP.org
> [mailto:owner-openldap-bugs@OpenLDAP.org]On Behalf Of email@example.com
> On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 08:21:03AM +0000, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> > > The current fix needs to be reworked, it ignores the case of
> > > administrative limits being hit.
> > The user-enforced limits are honored correctly,
> I just tested again, and it still fails in some case. E.g. I have the
> following databases:
> database ldap
> uri "ldap://10.0.0.1/"
> suffix "ou=people,dc=suse,dc=de"
> database ldbm
> suffix "dc=suse,dc=de"
> The second database contains exactly one entry matching the filter
> "uid=rh*". And the first one contains some more entries that match the
> If I now do a subtree search on base "dc=suse,dc=de" with the filter
> "uid=rh*" and sizelimit set to 1. I get the entry from the
> first datebase
> with the result code set to LDAP_SUCCESS ( correct would be
> SIZE_LIMIT_EXCEEDED ). If I change the sizelimt to 2 it
> correctly returns
> 2 entries and SIZE_LIMIT_EXCEEDED, as there are more entries
> matching the