[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

Slapindex corrupts BDB (ITS#2499)

Full_Name: Quanah Gibson-Mount
Version: 2.1.18+indexing patch
OS: Solaris 8
URL: ftp://ftp.openldap.org/incoming/
Submission from: (NULL) (


Yesterday, I modified my slapd.conf to index one new attribute, and to also add
a substr index to another attribute.  I then stopped slapd, and ran 'time
slapindex'.  I left it running for 6.5 hours (note that to dump my DB and then
load it, takes less than 4 hours), somepoint of which it appeared to go into
some sort of spin, as it hadn't touched any of the *.bdb files in a long time,
and had added over 500MB in size to my __db.* files (as compared to a DB in
which I did slapcat/slapadd with the same indices).  I finally killed it, as it
was apparent it was getting nowhere.  After it was killed, the DB was left in a
state where db_recover could not recover it, and a slapcat dumped a small
portion of the DB and then hung.