[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

Re: database corruption when batch processing (ITS#2498)

At 01:53 PM 5/7/2003, kevin@reichhart.org wrote:
>Full_Name: Kevin Reichhart
>Version: 2.1.4

Upgrade to the latest stable release and then retest.
Problem reports on old versions of OpenLDAP will, in
general, not be acted upon.


>OS: SuSE 8.0
>URL: ftp://ftp.openldap.org/incoming/
>Submission from: (NULL) (
>When running a script to do batch ldapadd or ldapmodify, the database becomes
>corrupt, the ldapadd/ldapmodify hangs indefinately and slapd hogs 99-100% of one
>or both CPUs.  Stopping and starting ldap has no effect - as soon as ldap is
>restarted, slapd immediately hogs the CPU(s).  I have also seen this on a RedHat
>8.0 box.  I'm running sleepycat (bdb) in the back.  The only fix I've found is
>to replace the database with a backup and start over, hoping for better results.
> I have tried putting a sleep() in my script (from 1 to 3 seconds) and no