[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Problems with OpenLDAP 2.0.27 and OpenSSL 0.9.7
thanks for the reply.
The daemon is running the exact same libraries as the ones it was compiled
with. I also tried a re-compile several times, but to no avail.
ldd shows the libraries it is looking for (see below):
libldap_r.so.2 => /usr/lib/libldap_r.so.2 (0x4001b000)
liblber.so.2 => /usr/lib/liblber.so.2 (0x40040000)
libdb-3.1.so => /lib/libdb-3.1.so (0x40048000)
libssl.so.0.9.7 => /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.7 (0x400bd000)
libcrypto.so.0.9.7 => /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.7 (0x400ec000)
libcrypt.so.1 => /lib/libcrypt.so.1 (0x401e2000)
libnsl.so.1 => /lib/libnsl.so.1 (0x40211000)
libresolv.so.2 => /lib/libresolv.so.2 (0x40226000)
libdl.so.2 => /lib/libdl.so.2 (0x40237000)
libltdl.so.3 => /usr/lib/libltdl.so.3 (0x4023b000)
libpthread.so.0 => /lib/libpthread.so.0 (0x40241000)
libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0x40257000)
/lib/ld-linux.so.2 => /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0x40000000)
I also checked the header files, but after recompiling and reinstalling the
packages severaltimes (removing the old one with every new build of the package)
I can rule this out.
It might be a symbol conflict, but I would not have any idea how to handle
that. I'm still looking into the problem, as php seems to suffer from similar
problems (it was compiled with OpenLDAP support too).
Any ideas ?
Andrew Findlay wrote:
On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 10:41:34PM +0100, Michel Stam wrote:
I have tried to compile OpenLDAP 2.0.26 and 2.0.27 with OpenSSL 0.9.7
installed, yet every time I use ldapsearch with -h 'ldaps://<host>' (or
nss_ldap from padl.com with similar TLS options for that matter), it
returns Segmentation Fault. Non-TLS requests to the OpenLDAP server work
It might be worth making sure that the running daemon is using the
same version of the ssl and crypto shared libs that it was compiled
with. Check also that you only have one set of header files for those
libraries when building.
The 'ldd' and 'locate' commands are particularly useful here.
Another thought: I remember a discussion a few months back about
symbol conflicts between libcrypt and either libcrypto or libssl -
this could give rise to trouble in a dynamic loading case, as the
order of operations might cause one library to mess up another.