[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

Replication bug with modrdn changetype (ITS#1562)

Full_Name: Christoph Neumann
Version: 2.0.21
OS: Linux (RedHat 7.1)
URL: ftp://ftp.openldap.org/incoming/
Submission from: (NULL) (

I noticed that our replicated server was crashing.  As soon as I restarted the
slave server, I would recieve an error very similar to the following in the
rejection log:

ERROR: No such object
replica: auth2:0
time: 1012261024.0
dn: uid=lkhan,ou=Students,ou=People,dc=apu,dc=edu
changetype: modrdn
newrdn: uid=lraza
deleteoldrdn: 0

The most curious thing is: if I do a base search on the slave for the old DN
*or* the new  DN, the record is returned.  However, the dn is reported as still
being the old DN.

ldapsearch -LLL -h auth2.apu.edu -D "cn=admin,dc=apu,dc=edu" -W -x -b
"uid=lkhan,ou=Students,ou=People,dc=apu,dc=edu" -s base '(objectclass=*)'

It is almost as if the replicated server was in the middle of the update and
crashed in an inconsistent state.

The master LDAP server does not crash.  It is not in an inconsistent state. 
Only the slave ldap server.

Were are running: