[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

Weird error reporting (ITS#1465)

Full_Name: Jesper Dalberg
Version: 2.0.18
URL: ftp://ftp.openldap.org/incoming/
Submission from: (NULL) (

We were trying to do a DN attribute in a schema of out own, like the manager
attribute of the cosine schema. 

We could not perform filter matching towards or new attribute, which puzzled us.
We were trying to do a 


type filter, and slapd reported

version: 2

# filter: (dnOfParent=uid=1234,ou=People,dc=whatever)
# requesting: ALL

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 1

....hmmm, not much to go on, so we turned debugging on. It seemed that
get_filter was returning (badfilter). Still not much to go on. On with the code
monocle.... we ended up inserting some code of our own, since get_filter was
forcing an LDAP_SUCCESS return value before reporting the err code and the text
value to the debug functions.

We put in some extra debug calls, af found out the we were missing an EQUALITY
operator in our schema definition. 

We could have saved 30 minutes if only the correct debug info had been outputted
through the debugger....