[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Problems with 2.0
- To: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org>
- Subject: Re: Problems with 2.0
- From: Stig Venås <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 21:27:11 +0200
- Cc: Per Steinar Iversen <PerSteinar.Iversen@adm.hio.no>, openldap-bugs@OpenLDAP.org
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>; from Kurt@OpenLDAP.org on Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 08:48:17AM -0700
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.LNX.email@example.com > <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 08:48:17AM -0700, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
> At 10:24 AM 9/7/00 +0200, Per Steinar Iversen wrote:
> >On Mon, 4 Sep 2000, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
> >> At 03:41 PM 9/3/00 +0200, Per Steinar Iversen wrote:
> >> >I have a problem with OpenLDAP 2.0:
> >> >
> >> >Searches seems to be case sensitive for non-ASCII strings.
> >> >
> >> >An example: Assuming "Bjørn" is the cn and that this is stored in UTF-8,
> >> >then searching for "bjørn" and also "BJøRN" works, but "BJØRN" fails.
> >> >
> >> >Any way of fixing this?
> >> It's being worked on. For now, caseIgnoreMatch is only case
> >> insensitive within the "C" locale (i.e. US-ASCII).
> >I see the fix did not make 2.0.1 ...
> It's still be worked. It will likely be a couple of weeks before
> the code is ready for release testing.
Looks like this still isn't finished. How is it going? Anything I can
do to help?