[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

Re: rcpt500 cmds[] conflicts with bind 8.2.2-P5 (ITS#526)

I applied a patch to avoid the symbol conflict to both devel
(HEAD) and release engineering (OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_1_2) branches.
Please test.


At 09:57 PM 5/4/00 GMT, dbadrak@census.gov wrote:
>Full_Name: Don Badrak
>Version: 1.2.10
>OS: RedHat 6.2 Linux 2.2.14
>URL: ftp://ftp.openldap.org/incoming/dbadrak-20000504.patch
>Submission from: (NULL) (
>I used the following to configure OpenLDAP 1.2.10:
>setenv CFLAGS "-I/usr/local/include -I/usr/lib/bind/include"
>setenv LDFLAGS0 "-L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/lib/bind/lib"
>setenv LDFLAGS1 "-Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib"
>setenv LIBS "-lbind"
> ./configure --prefix=/usr \
>        --sysconfdir=/etc --enable-passwd \
>        --enable-shell --enable-shared --enable-wrappers \
>        --localstatedir=/var/run --libexecdir=/usr/sbin
>I have bind 8.2.2-P5 (RedHat 6.2), and the development libraries installed.
>I get this error building the rcpt500 client:
>make[2]: Entering directory
>/bin/sh /home/tco/dbadrak/build/linux-6.2/openldap-1.2.10/i386-linux-6.2/libtool
>--mode=link gcc -I/
>usr/local/include -I/usr/lib/bind/include -I../../include       
>-I../../../include   -DDEFAULT_DB_P
>ibraries -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/lib/bind/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib  -o
>rcpt500 version.o main.o
> cmds.o help.o query.o -lldap -llber -llutil  -lcrypt -lnsl -lresolv -lbind
>gcc -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/lib/bind/include -I../../include
>-I../../../include -DDEFAULT_DB_PAG
>aries -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/lib/bind/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib -o rcpt500
>version.o main.o cmd
>s.o help.o query.o -lldap -llber -llutil -lcrypt -lnsl -lresolv -lbind
>/usr/lib/bind/lib/libbind.a(prandom.o)(.data+0x0): multiple definition of
>cmds.o(.data+0x0): first defined here
>/usr/bin/ld: Warning: size of symbol `cmds' changed from 120 to 44 in prandom.o
>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>make[2]: *** [rcpt500] Error 1
>After some digging, I found that there is a 'cmds' defined in bind 8.2.2-P5 in:
>To fix this, I changed the occurances of cmds[] in
>clients/rcp500/{cmds.c,main.c,rcpt500.h} to be rcpt500_cmds.  This solved the
>A patch is on the FTP site.
>Don Badrak <dbadrak@census.gov>              301.457.8263 work
>Telecommunications Office                    301.457.4438 fax
>U.S. Bureau of the Census
>Suitland MD, USA