[Date Prev][Date Next] [Chronological] [Thread] [Top]

openldap-stable fails tests on Solaris, segfaults.

I am having some difficulty in building a working LDAP package on
Solaris 2.6. I hope someone can help.

I am using GCC 2.95.1 on Solaris 2.6. The machine is a Sparc 10MP.
Berkeley db 2.7.7 is installed.

OpenLDAP package is 1.2.7

I have run:

env \
ol_cv_kthread_flag=no \
                        ol_cv_pthread_flag=no ol_cv_pthreads_flag=no \
                        ol_cv_thread_flag=no \
                        CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB/include" \
                        LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB/lib" \
                ./configure \

In accordance with the instruction in the FAQ.
`make depend` and `make` complete without errors.

But running the tests fails as follows:

>>>>> Starting test006-acls ...
running defines.sh . ldbm
Cleaning up in ./test-db...
Running ldif2ldbm to build slapd database...
Starting slapd on TCP/IP port 9009...
Testing slapd access control...
Waiting 5 seconds for slapd to start...
Using ldapsearch to retrieve all the entries...
Filtering ldapsearch results...
Filtering original ldif used to create database...
Comparing filter output...
./test-db/ldapsearch.flt ./test-db/ldif.flt differ: char 788, line 26
comparison failed - modify operations did not complete correctly
>>>>> ./scripts/test006-acls failed (exit 1)
make: *** [all-local] Error 1

I decided to installed the package anyway.
I started slapd as root with:

# /usr/local/libexec/slapd -d 1 -f myslapd.conf

Which gives:

slapd 1.2.7-Release (Tuesday September 21 10:32:33 BST 1999)
slapd starting

So far so good. But connecting to the server with: 

ldapadd -D "cn=Manager, dc=straylight" -W < myldif.ldif


Enter LDAP Password: 
adding new entry dc=straylight
ldap_add: Can't contact LDAP server

and slapd's debug output shows a segfault:

do_bind: version 2 dn (cn=Manager, dc=straylight) method 128
dn2entry_r: dn: "CN=MANAGER,DC=STRAYLIGHT"
=> ldbm_cache_open( "/usr/tmp/dn2id.dbb", 7, 600 )
<= ldbm_cache_open (opened 0)
<= dn2id NOID
dn2entry_r: dn: "DC=STRAYLIGHT"
=> dn2id( "DC=STRAYLIGHT" )
=> ldbm_cache_open( "/usr/tmp/dn2id.dbb", 7, 600 )
<= ldbm_cache_open (cache 0)
<= dn2id NOID
do_bind: bound "cn=Manager, dc=straylight" to "cn=Manager,
send_ldap_result 0::
=> dn2id( "DC=STRAYLIGHT" )
=> ldbm_cache_open( "/usr/tmp/dn2id.dbb", 7, 600 )
<= ldbm_cache_open (cache 0)
<= dn2id NOID
next_id_read: could not open "Segmentation Fault

Clearly something is very wrong with my build :-(

Please let me know if there's anything I can try to get a working

I have checked the archives - the only similar report I
found suggested fixing the permissions for myslapd.conf.
Unfortunately this did not fix my propblem. So now I'm
completely stuck.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Paul Barnfather ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 
|  plb@clanger9.demon.co.uk  paul.barnfather@northern-electric.co.uk |
|      __           http://www.clanger9.demon.co.uk    .             |
     o--o-... 75TS                                    o'~o... 750SS