[Date Prev][Date Next]
- To: OpenLDAPemail@example.com
- Subject: Server Transition
- From: Howard Chu <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2014 09:56:54 -0700
- Organization: OpenLDAP Project
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:30.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/30.0 SeaMonkey/2.27a1
The OpenLDAP Project's servers have been hosted at the Internet Software
Consortium's data center since the Project's inception. We are deeply grateful
to the ISC for their support for OpenLDAP and open source through all these
years. However, the Project's actual servers are showing their age, with a
number of hardware issues cropping up recently.
We have now migrated the Project's servers to Linode.com, which allows us to
provision the Project services without worrying about hardware. The new
platform will also allow us to upgrade the infrastructure to more modern
software as well. While we believe all of the old services have been migrated
intact, some things may have fallen through the cracks. Please notify us using
the ITS if you see anything missing.
Thanks again to the ISC for providing us a home for so many years, and thanks
to Linode.com for donating our new home.
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/