Re: [ldapext] Review of draft-gennai-smime-cnipa-pec-08.txt

On Oct 26, 2010, at 6:08 PM, Sean Turner wrote:

> On 10/24/10 4:34 PM, Kurt Zeilenga wrote:
>
>> mailReceipt spec should discuss IDNA and EAI.
>
> Wouldn't referring to [SMTP] (RFC 5322) suffice?

Personally, I would prefer a bit more precise statement.  For instance, is it an <address> or some subset of <address>, like <addr-spec>?

But given this is only to be published as Informational, I don't mind too much the lack of precision.

> OLD:
>
> The 'mailReceipt' attribute contains the provider's email address to which take in charge and virus detection PEC notifications are sent.
>
> NEW:
>
> The 'mailReceipt' attribute contains the provider's email address [SMTP] to which take in charge and virus detection PEC notifications are sent.
>
>> managedDomains spec should discuss IDNA.
>
> Ditto:
>
> OLD:
>
> The 'managedDomains' attribute lists the PEC domains that are handled by the provider.
>
> NEW:
>
> The 'managedDomains' attribute lists the PEC domains [SMTP] that are handled by the provider.

I rather not use the verb "lists" as an attribute holds a set of values (not a sequence).  The placement of PEC seems begs the question "what's a PEC domain?".  I think what's actually meant is:
	The 'managedDomains' attribute holds a set of domains [SMTP] that are handled by a PEC provider.

Note that RFC 5322's domain actually allows values such as [127.0.0.1].  It's not clear such values make sense here.