Re: [ldapext] password policy: exclude (or exempt) user from policy

Kurt Zeilenga wrote:
It is desirable to have a mechanism to exclude (or exempt) a user from the
policy.  For instance, it's nasty for various accounts associated with
application entities (as opposed to humans) to be locked out.

In the Isode implementation, we have an operational single-valued
attribute, pwdExclude, which if present in the user's entry and has the
boolean value TRUE exempts the user from all password policy enforcement.

It would be good to add something like this to the spec.

That sounds backward to me. You should just define a specific policy for those accounts, and turn off everything you don't want enforced in that policy.

--
  -- Howard Chu