Re: [ldapext] UTF-8 full support in LDIF / LDIF v2

Michael Ströder wrote:
Yves Dorfsman wrote:
Jim Willeke wrote:

Is the suggestion to utilize and indicator similar to the HTTP charset
parameter (Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8) ?
I don't think we ever got it that well defined, but I guess, yes this
would be one way of doing it.

I'd prefer not to mix protocol specs here. The above key-word
"Content-Type:" is used in HTTP and MIME headers. IMO there's no need to
address that in the LDIF spec. One could suggest that content type
should be set to

if the LDIF is encapsulated in MIME. But that's not part of LDIF itself.

Michael: Thanks for re-starting this thread. Some of Steven Legg's comment got me stuck, and then my priorities got shifted (looking for new contracts). I'll carry the thread following up on Steven's messages.

--
Yves.
http://www.sollers.ca/