Re: [ldapext] UTF-8 full support in LDIF / LDIF v2

Kurt Zeilenga wrote:

Extending LDIF to support XML values.

Really ?

See http://www.xmled.info/drafts/draft-sciberras-xed-eldif-05.txt

Interesting, I think this is a valid issue, although I think XML is the wrong solution. Any reason why the draft never made it to an RFC ?

What other solutions could be used to make multi-line entries ?
Would quoting a la python work, or would that add too much complexity, too much of a change from the current LDIF ?

I think the ASCII I-D/RFC needs to have examples that use some sort of escaping mechanism (for the purposes of the example)

    value: \C3\BC

where C3 BC is the 2 octet UTF-8 encoding of the Unicode LATIN SMALL LETTER U WITH DIAERESIS (U+00FC) codepoint.

    value: \75\CC\88

Thanks, I'll look at that. Anybody knows of an RFC that use something like this in their example, from the top of your head ?

--
Yves.
http://www.sollers.ca/