Re: [ldapext] Password Policy Administrative Model

Thanks for the response. First two points sound good to me.

I can appreciate the fact there is a desire to only allow one policy to be
associated with each entry. From your text, it appears that the strategy to
achieve this allows for implementation simplicity and imposes the following
constraints (please correct me if I'm wrong):
 1. An administrative point will contain at most 1 policy
 2. The subtreeSpecification for the password policy subentry will govern
all entries within the administrative area

If this is the case, then the limitations and bounds in which the password
policy can be operated should be clarified:
 1. Policy enforcement within a DIT Domain is not achievable if all DSA's
are not using the same password attribute type. (Note: RFC4513 indicates
that there are no implied recommendations for how or where directories store
passwords for authentication)
 2. Separate policies that govern different types of entries (objectClasses)
are not supported. E.g. When multiple types of entries are used for
authentication (i.e. employeePerson, contractorPerson, softwareApplication),
specific policies cannot be created for each.
 3. As above, however, if multiple types of entries are used for
authentication, they will all be subjected to the same password policy
unless specific exclusions are made on an entry by entry basis.

Regards,
Andrew