Re: [ldapext] draft-behera-ldap-password-policy - last login time

John McMeeking wrote:

My first reaction to multiple attributes is to have only one attribute.
Then I think of times I have used something like a search for entries with
a modifytimestamp > x to find entries that have changed since I last
looked.  In a replicated environment that may not work.  Sometimes I want
to know when an entry was changed by a client, and sometimes I want to know
when this machine learned of the change.

The X.500 "dontUseCopy" control (and presumably draft-zeilenga-ldap-dontusecopy) would answer that need, if modifyTimestamp was always locally generated. But that solution doesn't solve the problem for last login time...

John  McMeeking