Re: [ldapext] when is manageDsaIT needed for the root DSE?

Though I said "I disagree" over on the LDAPBIS list, in
retrospect, I would have to minimally agree that a server
*could* returning the rootDSE in response to subtree
manageDsaIt search.  RFC 3296 says:
   The control MAY cause other objects to be treated as
   normal entries as defined by subsequent documents.

While there is no subsequent document stating how this
control would cause rootDSE to be treated as a normal
entry, I think it reasonable that some subsequent document
could state how.  I would hope that any such document
would state a how consistent with X.511(97) manageDsaIt
service.

Are you able to reconcile things if you assume that
the rootDSE is treated as a normal object in
manageDsaIT searches with baseObject=""?