Re: [ldapext] Searchable distinguishedValue operational attribute

Interesting.

The requirement for this is that one wants to find entries named by abc
regardless of type (the type is unknown). I haven't digested the RFC
yet. Is there a way to omit the type, or to specify 'any' type?

Jim

Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
> At 01:19 PM 7/26/2004, Jim Sermersheim wrote:
>
>>Do any LDAP servers support a searchable attribute which matches on
(one
>>or more of) an entry's RDN values? This would allow a search like
>>(distinguishedValue=abc) to match for all entries that have abc as a
>>distinguished value (i.e. dc=abc,dc=com. or cn=xyz+ou=abc,o=acme)
>

> I believe you should be able to use the componentFilterMatch rule,
> in combination with the entryDN operational attribute (or other
> attribute which holds the entry's DN) to accomplish such matching.

Yes, that will work. The search filter would look something like this
(the identified component is a DirectoryString value):

(entryDN:componentFilterMatch:=
     item:{ component "-1.*.value.(dc)",
            rule caseIgnoreMatch,
            value "abc" })

     or

(entryDN:componentFilterMatch:=
     item:{ component "-1.*.value.(ou)",
            rule caseIgnoreMatch,
            value "abc" })

Note that a specific attribute type needs to be nominated.

The following would also work (the identified component is an
AttributeTypeAndValue):

(entryDN:componentFilterMatch:=
     item:{ component "-1.*",
            rule directoryComponentsMatch,