RE: [ldapext] password policy: pwdAllowUserChange

Hi Jim,

I tend to agree with your here. I think that this an Access Control issue
and therefore should not be part of the policy.

I do not have any issues with its removal. Our directory can adequately
control access to attributes and their values using our local access control
and X.500 Basic Access Control implementations.

Removing the pwdAllowUserChange attribute may become a problem for Directory
implementations whose access control scheme cannot provide this
functionality. If this attribute stay's within the draft then I think that
text should be added to clearly indicate that the pwdAllowUserChange
attribute is intended to be used in absence of any access controls.

Cheers,
Andrew Sciberras
http://view500.adacel.com