Re: [ldapext] Attribute type ref, usage distributedOperation and Manage DSA ITmode

Jim Sermersheim wrote:
Michael, are you assuming that operational attributes are always non-user-editable?

Yes, if I don't have any more knowledge about the operational attribute.

In web2ldap I've added a special treatment for 'ref' when being in Manage DSA IT Mode today.

Ciao, Michael.

Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com> 5/5/04 1:15:52 AM >>>

The USAGE of attribute type 'ref' is distributedOperation.

 From draft-ietf-ldapbis-models-10:

   A usage of directoryOperation, distributedOperation, or dSAOperation
   indicates that attributes of this type represent operational and/or
   administrative information.  That is, they are operational attributes.

So far, so good.

But if a client is in Manage DSA IT mode 'ref' is not an operational attribute from the client's perspective. How should the client behave?
Background: In web2ldap I solely present non-operational and user-editable attributes to the user when generating input forms. Hmm, I probably have to add special treatment for 'ref' considering the Manage DSA IT mode.

Ciao, Michael.