[ldapext] features-05 comments

draft-zeilenga-ldap-features-05.txt says:

> 2. Discovery of supported features

>   A client may examine the values of this attribute to
>   determine if a particular feature is supported by the server.  A
>   client MUST ignore values it doesn't recognize as they refer to
>   elective features it doesn't implement.

What's the point of the last sentence?  What else could the client do
with a feature it doesn't know about?

>   The 'supportedFeatures' attribute type is described as follows

...", using the AttributeTypeDescription syntax described in [Models]"

(and [Models] must be added to the References section).

>       ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.4203.1.3.5
>         NAME 'supportedFeatures'
>         DESC 'features supported by the server'
>         EQUALITY objectIdentifierMatch
>         SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.38
>         USAGE dSAOperation )

This is missing, adapted from similar texts in [Models]:

  The 'objectIdentifierMatch' matching rule and the
  objectIdentifierFirstComponentMatch (1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.38)
  syntax is defined in [Syntaxes].

>   Servers MUST be capable of recognizing this attribute type by the name
>   'supportedFeatures'.  Servers MAY recognize the attribute type by
>   other names.

I don't think the last sentence is necessary.  I can find no similar
statement about other attribute types in [Models] or [Schema], yet I
assume they can be referred to with other names too.

--
Hallvard