RE: [ldapext] draft-behera-ldap-password-policy - bind behavior w hen pwd must be changed

Hi,

This is an excellent discussion but I would like to add one thought
regarding the pwdReset attribute.

In most organisations I have worked with, there is a security requirement
that has always proven difficult to implement:

	"A user should be suspended if they do not change their password
within N days of an administrative reset."

I have normally got round this by defining an attribute similar to pwdReset
but placing a date in the attribute rather than simply making it Boolean.
But this requires some knowledge of whether or not the user has subsequently
changed their password.

I agree with Andrew's interpretation of Administrator as this must not be
intended to mean "directory manager".

Mark