RE: [ldapext] Password Policy - locking accounts

Hi John!

>Is the notion of an administrator locking/unlocking (i.e.
>enable/disable
>for authentication) an entry within the scope of the password
>policy draft?
>This seems like a logical addition and a reasonable candidate
>for something
>to be done in a standard way.

The draft specifies an attribute called pwdAccountLockedTime which holds the
time at which the user's account was locked.
The draft states the following about the operational attribute (Section
4.3.3):

>A 0 value means that the account has been locked
>permanently, and that only an administrator can unlock the account.

Since 0 isn't a valid GeneralizedTime value, I assume it means 00000101000Z.
In any case, the administrator could simply set this attribute to the zero
value in an account, which would effectively provide an administrator with
the power to lock/unlock an entry.

>John  McMeeking

Andrew Sciberras