Re: [ldapext] I-D ACTION:draft-zeilenga-ldap-uuid-00.txt

Steven Legg wrote:

More an observation than a suggestion for change: if the equality matching rule for the entryUUID attribute was allComponentsMatch and the LDAP-specific encoding for the UUID syntax was the GSER encoding then the UUIDs would appear as hexadecimal digit character strings in LDAP, in both the attribute values and assertion values, and they would be matched in the same way as octetStringMatch. I assume that the ISO 11578 string representation isn't anything special and that all you care about is that the UUIDs normally appear as displayable characters rather than raw octets.

I suspect the ISO 11578 string representation is special to some people and some existing code. It seems wise to use it rather than something that will be directory specific.

--
Mark Smith
Netscape Directory Product Development