[ldapext] LDAP - password in history

Hi everybody,

My application is written in ColdFusion. We are using LDAP to authenticate users and have a strict
password policy. The password expire in 30 days, a warning message is sent to the user 7 days
before the password expires. LDAP also remembers 3 passwords in history and ooh I forgot the
password encryption is Salted Secure Hashing Algorithm (SSHA).

Right, now I want to know a way to check if the user entered password is already in history. I
get a error "Invalid Credentials" when I try to use a password that is in history. I know there
is a LDAP attribute "PasswordHistory" and "PasswordInHistory" but I don't know which objectclass
they belong to. I see the "PasswordHistory" attribute in the user advanced properties window but it
does not have any value. One other question, if this is the only way to check if the password
exists in history, how do I add this attribute to my schema?

Your help would be greatly apprecited.

Regards
Allan

Do you Yahoo!?