Re: [ldapext] Re: Password policy state attributes

Ludovic Poitou wrote:
> Michael Ströder wrote:
>
>> Jim Sermersheim wrote:
>>
>>> You're right. We need to decide what kinds of attributes to allow. There
>>> is also the question of whether or not to allow password policy to
>>> support multi-value password attributes. Personally, I'd rather restrict
>>> it to single-value attributes.
>>
>> Personally I'd also like to restrict it to single-value attributes.
>>
>> This restriction simply should be made clear in the I-D and 99% of the
>> people asking for password policy will be happy with it.

The restriction is already in the I-D (it's a MUST)

And I appreciate that!

but I agree that it could be made even more clear.

Especially we have to decide now whether to debate this topic to dead still staying without standardized password policy for a long time or whether to accept the current draft and its current implementations.

Personally I clearly vote for the second option.

Ciao, Michael.