Re: [ldapext] Re: Password policy state attributes

Ed Reed wrote:
At the risk of sounding like a crackpot...
You may need to consider something like the X.509 certificate object class discussed in PKIX - an entry with all the policy associated with the particular credential - in this case a password associated with an authentication identity.

Yes this came to my mind as well. Such a solution would also facilitate for other password policy attributes, such as duration, minimal length etc. etc. Implementationwise it seems to me that having all these attributes in one entry is far more easier than having to parse all the tags of the password attributes.

[...]>
>>> "Jim Sermersheim" <jimse@novell.com> 11/22/02 12:16PM >>>
A group of people interested in progressing the password policy draft has been growing and exchanging emails off list. We're moving discussion here so we have a list and a wider audience.

I very much appreciate this discussion. I think password policy is something more and more needed, since LDAP is more and more used as central authentication service.

And I appreciate that this discussion is now taking place on this list.

[...]
Jim

p.s. I can provide a set of recent previous discussions on this and other issues to anyone that wants them.

yes please. May be you could put them in a webarchive or so.

cheers,

Peter

Peter Gietz (CEO)
DAASI International GmbH                phone: +49 7071 2970336
Wilhelmstr. 106                         Fax:   +49 7071 295114
D-72074 Tübingen                        email: peter.gietz@daasi.de
Germany                                 Web:   www.daasi.de

Directory Applications for Advanced Security and Information Management