[ldapext] Why not leverage LDAP URLs in draft-joslin-config-schema-04?

HI!

I've glanced over draft-joslin-config-schema-04 today but I have some doubts about it. Any rationale why there are so many new syntaxes invented for all the attribute values instead of consequently leveraring LDAP URLs?

E.g. as I understand it one can't specify to use LDAP over SSL in preferredServerList and defaultServerList. I know that using StartTLS ext. op. is the standard track but LDAP over SSL specified by LDAP URL scheme 'ldaps' is very common.

Ciao, Michael.