Re: [ldapext] Directory Best Practice Guide

On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, Chris Harding wrote:

> That's great! We need lots more volunteers, though. How about it, folks?

Let me note that in the Internet2 Middleware Initiative we've developed
some material along the lines of directory best practices, see:

  http://middleware.internet2.edu/core/directories.shtml

and there is ongoing work:

  http://middleware.internet2.edu/dir/

Perhaps the closest to what folks seem to be talking about here is:

  http://www.georgetown.edu/giia/internet2/ldap-recipe/

Some of us have also spent time in the trenches working on generalized
best practices docs, and while we bear the scars that Alexis hinted at,
probably could contribute to some new wider effort.

 - RL "Bob" Morgan
   University of Washington