Re: Last Call: Discovering LDAP Services with DNS to Proposed Standard

At 08:33 AM 2002-02-08, RL 'Bob' Morgan wrote:
>Well, we could avoid the whole issue by just leaving the trailing dots out
>of the examples.  I'm not sure why they're written that way, I think it
>may be that an early version of the mapping algorithm said to start with a
>".".  This is clearly a swamp, and not one that will be fixed by this
>document.

I concur.

As locate says it produces fully qualified domain names,
the trailing dot is extraneous.

The general trailing dot comparison issue, as it applies to LDAP,
is more appropriately addressed by the LDAPbis WG in RFC2830bis.

Kurt