Re: subentries comments

Kurt,

If the goal is to faithfully transfer x500 semantics as is to LDAP then I
think the draft needs to be clearer about that.  For example, it could be
renamed  from "Subentries in LDAP" to "X500 Subentries in LDAP" or
"Representation of X500 Subentries in LDAP".  And again,  the text in the
abstract that says "This document adapts X.500 subentries mechanisms for use
with LDAP." could say something like "This document transfers X.500
subentries mechanisms to LDAP , keeping the same fundamental semantics".

A line like "LDAP subentries SHALL behave in accordance with X.501 unless
noted otherwise in this specification." appears superfluous if you state the
"transfer the semantics" goal clearly--there should by definition be no
behavioural differences.  If you keep this line then that leaves the door
open for differences, so I think the reader would appreciate a section that
listed any differences or explicitly stated that the differences were not in
semantics but just schema, for example.

I wonder if the guy who was tracking LDAP/x500 correspondance would have
some input here on the possibility of an extension to the x500 subentry
definitions...do you have his email handy ?

Rob.