subentries comments

Kurt/Stephen,

Couple of comments on
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zeilenga-ldap-subentry-01.txt.

1.  I think it's good to promote the chop scoping rules--we are seeing
more and more requests for complicated scoping for admininstrative
data.  The problem I want to point out is that in our implementation we
are used to allowing arbitrary LDAP filters for this kind of selection
of entries, so I'm concerned that the restriction of being able to
select only on objectclass could be a problem for us taking up this
definition of subentries.  Could we relax this restriction to make
specificationFilter a general LDAP filter ?  Any other possibilites ?

2. In the subentries control I think, for usability, it would be very
nice to have in addition the option to retrieve normal and subentries at
the same time, as opposed to one or the other.

Rob.