RE: Subentries decision - internet draft withdrawn

Comments below....

Chris Apple
Program Manager - Directory Services
United Messaging Inc.
<http://www.unitedmessaging.com>
<mailto:christopher.apple@unitedmessaging.com>
(V) 610-425-2860

Here's the list I've found, please post any missing I-D URLs to
the list if you know of them:

http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-reed-ldup-inheritance-00.tx
t (indirectly)

http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldup-infomod-03.txt

http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-behera-ldap-password-policy
-04.txt

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ldapext-acl-model-08.txt

   >I forsee a whole bunch of 'special' auxilliary
   >objectclasses being defined that carry subtree policy semantics.

That's the idea...

Chris.

   >Hello, all -
   >
   >At the IETF in London the working group chairs of the LDUP
   >and (late) LDUPEXT working groups considered the issues
   >raised surrounding the LDAP Subentries draft I've been
   >working on.  Their decision, as related to me, was to ask
   >that the LDUP information model be revised so that object
   >classes defined there for ReplicaSubentry and
   >ReplicaAgreementSubentry no longer are treated as
   >subentries, and that the work on the LDAP Subentries as a
   >standards track document be ended.
   >
   >So, the draft is hereby withdrawn from work group consideration.
   >
   >The basis of the decision was that since the Access Control
   >editors have decided not to use LDAP Subentries in their
   >document, and since they were the only other charter-item
   >document in the works that might have referenced the
   >document, there appears to be insufficient interest in
   >generalizing a variant from the X.500 version  of
   >Subentries to be worth continuing in the working group.
   >There is a strongly felt (and forcefully expressed) feeling
   >among several folks in the working group that there is no
   >reason to "dummy down" the X.500 Subentry specification.
   >So we won't.
   >
   >Thank you all for your patience in this matter...
   >
   >Ed
   >
   >=================
   >Ed Reed
   >Reed-Matthews, Inc.
   >+1 801 796 7065
   >http://www.Reed-Matthews.COM

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:Apple;Chris
FN:Chris Apple (E-mail)
ORG:UMI
TITLE:Program Manager
TEL;WORK;VOICE:(610) 425-2860
TEL;HOME;VOICE:(215) 873-0850
TEL;CELL;VOICE:(610) 585-4241
TEL;WORK;FAX:(610) 425-6501
ADR;WORK:;;1161 McDermott Drive;West Chester;Pa.;19380;United States of America
LABEL;WORK;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:1161 McDermott Drive=0D=0AWest Chester, Pa. 19380=0D=0AUnited States of Amer=
ica
EMAIL;PREF;INTERNET:christopher.apple@unitedmessaging.com
REV:20010621T205341Z
END:VCARD