Hi

I am trying to gather information regarding LDAP.
I have understood some basic functionality of the same.
But I am unclear on one major point..

Consider a senario where mail login information is contained in LDAP.

Now as per LDAP documentation the authentication information is stored in
LDAP and the architecture is client -server type.
Now for an application like Exchange server how will the LDAP client will
call LDAP Server for request of authentication and allow the sender to send
the messages after checking the sender's details in the server.
Can your please through some light on this client serverfunctionality in
detail.
Your cooporation in this regard with be highly appreciated

With Warm Regards

Ravi Jain