Re: browse permission in the ACM

This email is carrying around a lot of history.  I've clipped off some
of the earlier messages in the chain.

My concern about extensibleMatch and option 3 was based on this
paragraph from the draft (from Section 5.2, item 2):

      The above statement covers the case where the
      attributes are being evaluated as part of an
      extensibleMatch (RFC 2251 section 4.5.1) which appears
      in the filter.  In the case where the dnAttributes
      field of the extensibleMatch is true then we do not
      require any access checks to the attributes of the dn
      candidateDN as access to these is taken to be granted
      by the "b" permission, which has already been required
      above.

Since Option 3 implies that the "b" permission is NOT required for the
base object to be searched, you might want to change 5.2 item 2 to
say that "r" and "s" permissions ARE required for extensibleMatches on
the DN of the base object.  But given that the "t" permission exists,
this may not really matter in real-life situations.

Rick Huber