Re: ACM & Replication (Was: LDAPEXT Minutes)

At 02:00 PM 4/17/01, Richard V Huber wrote:
>The main replication-related change to the ACM draft is to make it
>clear that the ACM applies to wire-line flows of data being
>replicated.

Are you saying here that LDAP ACM would be used to control what
was replicated between servers?  That seems presumptive.

>Ellen Stokes agreed to add that to the ACM draft.  I'll propose
>specific wording if needed.

Please do. That would allow some WG discussion of the specifics.
I certainly not sure what type of clarification you trying to
make.

I note I belief that the section paragraph of the Introduction and
the second paragraph of the Security Considerations were pretty
clear as how LDAP replication issues related to the LDAP ACM
are to be addressed.  That is, such issues are "out of scope".
I would certainly question any attempt to bring them into scope.

Kurt