Re: Comments on Access Control Model - GetEffectiveRights

Rick,

I agree that there is some work to do in section 9.1:

In particular for the points you raise:
. I also find "*" hard to understand and my intention is to propose
dropping it.  In other words you would only be able to ask about a
_particular_ subject, not "everyone".
. The "rights required" to use the getEffectiveRights control is
certainly an issue.  I see a few options: view it as core to the model
(I believe it is) and so make an explicit permission for it, limit the
getEffectiveRights concept so you cannot ask about "his" rights, but
just your own (ie. remove the subject entirely as a parameter), define a
way to extended operational permissions and express the permission in
that scheme and probably lots of others.  Once you have defined the
required rights then I think the "discovery"/discloseOnError type
problem you mention should be easier to resolve.

I hope to have a proposal which will clear up or at least be explicit
about these 9.1 issues for the next draft.

Rob.