Re: Access Control, Administrative Areas, Replication and Distribution

At 11:39 PM 3/26/01 +1000, Albert Langer wrote:
>In standardizing replication it has become obvious that
>standardization of access controls, and administrative
>areas is closely related.

I'd expand on this to say:
  In standardizing multi-master replication, it is
  obvious that the LDAP/X.500 data model will have to
  be redesigned as it only support single-master
  replication.

>Who is doing that work?

Personally, I rather we, the IETF, leave the redesign of
the data model to ITU, and only deal with how to represent
whatever model the ITU produces in LDAP.

Kurt