Re: application defined permission

Bruce,

My own feeling is still that it would be better to leave application
stuff out of the core model.  I would love to hear some more more
opinions on this.

In terms of your proposal...I like the tagged oid approach.  I think it
would be better if you did not mention the xep stuff at all--let's leave
that for the next guy who will struggle with the extended operational
permissions....if that ever happens.

Point taken on the overloading effects of the interpretation approach.
Though by just using searchish permissions (read, search,
browseDN,returnDN), the effect of this could be minimised ie. at least
the users could not change anything.

Rob.