resultCode Overloading / New result codes

Title: resultCode Overloading / New result codes

The requirements of new result codes needs to be discussed so we can progress drafts that either define new result codes, or are waiting on progression of drafts that define result codes.

Currently, the VLV draft is waiting on the decision of the WG regarding the LDAP Control Error draft.  However, there are still some questions about how best to add new result codes.

A couple of questions immediately come to mind.  How will new result code values be assigned?  What effect do new result codes have on existing operations and controls?

I would like to start discussing these issues before the upcoming meet so we can have an updated version of the LDAP Control Error draft and/or the VLV draft as soon as possible.